To maintain an active, efficient and effective network dedicated to:
- coordination and communication between the Fisheries and Aquaculture research institutes;
- an active and influential dialogue with policy makers, industry and society;
- an effective and successful European marine research agenda;
- supporting sound science and scientific advice, operationalising the ecosystem approach and fulfilling requirements of developing policies;
- sustainability of the network and its members through traditional funding opportunities and developing new business opportunities.